Saturday, November 1, 2014

Beetle's Christmas Cards

For the second year I am participating in Beetle's Christmas Card LTC swap.  I carved this stamp in the fall of 2012 and used it for Shrinky Dink quips.  I have been wanted to reuse it and I finally did :)

Once again I found this background idea on Pinterest.  I really like using alcohol inks because all the cards look so different.  For this set, I squirted the inks and blending solution onto the craft mat and smeared my glossy card stock cards thru it.

Then you tape the cards to a stencil.  Take a little blending solution on to the fancy rubber and rub over the stencil and cards.  When I was done with that I stamped my Mary stamp onto the cards.

They needed something else so I dug around in my store bought stamp box and found the pretty "Merry Christmas" text.  I glued the whole thing to brown card stock.  I love how they turned out!

Christmas Cards 2014: Mary did you know

1 comment:

  1. Super cool technique. I'm going to utilize this soon, I just bought some more blending solution, and all set to go!

    ReplyDelete