Monday, July 22, 2013

Back to Garden of the Gods

Camel Rock at Garden of the Gods, Ill. 
A few days ago we went back to the Garden of the Gods in southern Ill.  This time my husband was able to go and we took my dad and niece (part of BPWigand and Family).  It was hot but a beautiful day to be out hiking, boxing, and swimming.

At the end of last summer my kids and I came over and letterboxed here.  We  found 4 of the 6 boxes that we looked for.  This time we looked for all of them again so BPWigand and Family could get them.  And this time we were able to find one of the boxes that we couldn't find last time.  We came at it from a different angle and had no problems finding it.  But one of the boxes that we had found before is now missing.

The kids loved climbing on the rocks.  Since it was supposed to be so hot we took our swim suits with us so we could cool off when we were done hiking.  It is free to swim at the lake at Pounds Hollow which is just a few miles from the Garden of the Gods.

After our long day of hiking and swimming we headed back home.  We stopped for supper and an ice cream on the way back.  I'm glad that everyone had fun and it was a safe trip :)


Our crew handing out at Garden of the Gods. 

3 of my 4 making a sand castle.  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, c6! BTW, absolutely love the name of your blog - I accuse my wife of shenanigans all the time, which is why your blog caught my eye. And speaking of shenanigans, notice the rock your hubby is standing on in the second pic? I made reference to that pic on the Maine board, due to shenanigans I got from a certain Mainer. Feel free to yell at me if you'd like. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, the kids were looking for animals in the rocks. There is the camel head in the first pic and they saw a monkey and a cobra. I'm glad they didn't run around the whole time talking about the butt rock :)

    ReplyDelete