Sunday, June 1, 2014

Flowering Trees LTC

Can't wait for Spring: Flowering Trees 
I am in the LTC swap "Can't Wait for Spring."  I wasn't going to join this one because I had already made some spring cards and a summer card and I was ready to start thinking about a fall card.  But I felt like another boxer twisted my arm.

For a while I have been thinking about carving a stamp of a bare tree and using it for different seasons.  I had already carved it and was working on a different project when I decided I would use it for this swap.

So I stamped my tree on plain white card stock and I carved up a tiny birdhouse.  For the flowers and leaves I used pencil erasers.  Then I  mounted the whole thing to some green paper.

I like how this one and the summer one turned out.  I will work on the winter one next.  I am in a swap where you have to reuse a stamp you already have.  I was going to do something completely different but I can't find the stamp I had in mind so I think I will do the winter version of this tree for that.  You'll have to wait a little bit to see that one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment