Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Planted my first hybrid

Lil Ewok at the trail head
Lil Ewok and I were very busy this morning.  We spent about an hour and a half planting letterboxes.

A few years ago I started getting LTCs with food ingredients in the mail.  I had no idea who was sending them or what was meeting made but I loved the idea.  Something happened and I never got all the ingredients but I was inspired to try it as a traditional series.

Angel Mounds
Today we planted a 12 boxes series called, "What's Cooking?"  There are 8 ingredients and few other things.  You gotta have something to wash it down.  And you can't eat alone.  I had a lot of fun making the boxes but where was I going to hide them?

Indiana Jones LEGO Minigif
I have posted about the trails as Angel Mounds before.  There are miles of trails and I believe that there are only 1-2 boxes there.  The Indiana Jones box that I planted there went missing after a year.  I wanted to recarve and replant but I never got around to it.

That's when I saw the LEGO Minifigure LTC swap.  I decided that I would carve up Indy and hide him at Angel Mounds again.  I have been thinking for a while now about planting a hybrid so I thought this was my chance.  A friend had given me an ammo can and I got to work.

We hid all 13 this morning.  It may take a few days for my geocache to get approved but I am excited :)  It was a beautiful day to be out and we got a lot accomplished!

PS-I discovered that my geocache is not approved :(  I am very disappointed.  I guess I need to change out the container and remove the swag.


No comments:

Post a Comment