Sunday, November 1, 2015

Christmas Card LTC

This is my card for the "Christmas Card LTC 2015" tracker.  This is my 3rd year to participate in this swap.  My card is called, "Kisses from heaven."

I got the idea for this background from the Tim Holtz website via Pinterest.  It looked easy, wintery, and I wanted to give it a try.  But I had some issues.  I wanted to use the same ink colors as the website but had problems finding one of the colors.  And I couldn't find a small brayer.

For this technique you stamp your distress ink pads on the craft, mist with water, roll the brayer thru the ink, and roll onto paper.  I like that it looked like a dreary winter day.  I ended up ordering the small brayer online because I couldn't find one locally and I didn't like the look from my large brayer.

On the website they splatter some silver paint on the tag.  I like the idea so I reused some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist spray.  It is not as dark but worked.

I wanted to add some text and thought about buying a "Let it snow" stamp.  But I made this card in September and couldn't find one.  I searched the web for a quote about snow.  The one I used says, "Snowflakes are kisses from heaven."  I printed them off my printer, drew the black box around the edge, cut them out and glued them on with a glue stick.

My stamp for the card is a simple snowflake.  I probably should have carved a fancier snowflake.  I stamped & embossed them, cut them out and glued them on.  For some of the cards I rubbed a silver Sharpe around the edge.  I didn't do it to all the cards because I wasn't sure if I liked it.  I guess my cards are more winter than Christmas but I really wanted to play with this background.  I think they turned out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment