Tuesday, March 8, 2016

700th Find

Ft Branch Cemetery
The weather this weekend was very nice and I spent most of Saturday out letterboxing & geocaching.  I started off the day planting a box in Ft Branch.  This town is about 30 minutes north of me.  I planted the stamp that I am using for the "Extravagant Cultural Attire"  LTC swap.  I am almost finished with the cards and I will post a pic later.


Sculpture at the Azalea Path
The next stop off the day was at Azalea Path Arboretum & Botanical Gardens.  This place is about 30 minutes north of Ft Branch (1 hr from home).  They were closed for the season but I thought the web site said you could walk the ground year round.  I guess not because the owner tracked me down after seeing my car.  He was nice but made sure to let me know they were closed.  I got a geocache an heading out.  I will come back when the flowers are blooming and see about hiding a letterbox. 

On the way home, I stopped to get another geocache.  I am thinking about hiding a letterbox in the same cemetery for PAL Day and wanted to check it out.  Yes, I am thinking about PAL Day.  I didn't plant anything last year but I may plant 2-3 this year.


Me & the princess at my 700th LB
Then I got the princess.  She had stayed the night at a friends house.  We went out and found 4 hybrids (planted by a geocacher) and 1 regular cache that we had looked for before but could not find.  We ran into some real geocachers while we were out.  We told them that we were really letterboxers and they encouraged us to join their Facebook group and I did.  We were going to try another cache but the phone died. 

The 4 hybrids pushed me up to 700.  I will probably be stuck here a while.  We are going on a family vacation this summer so no LB events for me.  Which means very few boxes to find :(

No comments:

Post a Comment