Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Steampunk LTC

Card supplies / my messy desk 
This is my card for Housepitality Hostess's "STEAMPUNK Top Hats & Mustaches."  It doesn't have any hats or mustaches.  Don't tell HH, maybe she won't notice ;)

I really enjoyed making my card.  I started off stamping a text stamp on card stock with tan ink.  Then I rubbed two different brown distress inks and black ink over the text.  I also sprayed the background with Tattered Angels gold spray.

STEAMPUNK: Ladybug
Then I stamped the light and gear stamps on.  I wanted to emboss these but some of the detail was lost when I tried it so I just stamped them.  It was fun to play with these cling stamps :)

I stamped my ladybug on a dark red and roughed the edge with the grey/red circle thing in the first pic.  Then I put the screw like brads on the red paper.  The ladybug was attached to the background which was glued to the same dark red as the ladybug.

I thought about stamping a mustache on the back but didn't.  I like my cards.  But I have a feeling that the others will be cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment