Friday, February 10, 2017

Let's Go Camping LTC

New Distress Crayons! 
I can't pass up a camping LTC swap.  I wanted to, because it had a short deadline, but I can't.  This is my card for brailleboxer's "Let's go camping" swap.

I carved up a camping image from Life is Good.  I love their simple images and this will probably be my annual Mother's Day plant.  I stamped the stamp on watercolor paper and embossed it with glow in the dark embossing powder :D

Let's go camping: Five Star Restaurant 
I really enjoyed coloring the background.  I found these Tim Holtz distress crayons.  There are many different ways to use them.  I colored the crayons on the paper and then painted them with a water brush.  I also played around with rubbing the crayon on Plexiglas and then painting on the paper.  I liked it but it was too light.  I bought a few different packs of the crayons and you will see more of them in the future :)

I ruffed up the edge of the watercolor paper and glued it to a black background.


No comments:

Post a Comment