Sunday, October 21, 2018

Embossing Powder Test

Some of my kids were out of school on Friday for Parent/Teacher Conferences, two of my kids had dentist appointments, and I took the day off.  One of the many things I did was tested my embossing powders.  I like embossing my cards and I guess I have a problem because I just keep buying embossing powder.

I started off testing white.  I have 3 brands of white embossing powder- Zing, Ranger, and Reflections.  You can't see it in this picture but the Reflections bottle has a note on it that it is "Better than Zing".  Why didn't throw the Zing away when I made this discovery?  Why did I buy another white when I knew I had one that I liked?  I like both Ranger and Reflections and if I had to choose between the two I would pick Ranger.  It just seems to fill in better.

The next test was clear embossing power and you can see I have 4 of these-Hampton Art, Ranger, Reflections, and Zing.  Hampton Art was the first embossing powder I ever purchased.  I was not 100% happy with any of my clear embossing powders but maybe the problem is the ink pad I used?  The ink was Brilliance Graphite Black Pigment Ink.  I can't pick a favorite of this group. 

The last set of tests was black.  Again, I have 3 brands-Zing, Ranger, and  Recollections.  These all were about the same.  I would say Recollections was my least favorite in this group. 

I probably should have ran the test with a stamp that had finer lines.  I think that would have made a big difference.  At one time I bought an anti-static powder bag.  You rub it across the card before you start embossing and it helps the powder to only stick where you put the ink.  But I can't find it. 

Based on this test I have no favorite brand of embossing powder.  Hopefully I can stop buying it when I see it on sale :)

No comments:

Post a Comment