Monday, June 1, 2020

How do you relax? LTC

How do you relax? into the woods I go...
I joined Thompson Whangdoodles, "How do you relax?" tracker and my first thought was take a walk.  When I get stressed I like to get some fresh air.

I carved my stamp and then started thinking about how to make the card.  I really like Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Inks/Oxides.  They are my "go to" for card backgrounds.  I have over 50 distress ink/oxide ink pads and I have never once used them to ink up a stamp.

I inked my stamp with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink and stamped it on dark green paper.  The oxide effect is really neat.  I should have carved my stamp a little smaller but I am happy with how these cards turned out.

Due to the corona virus, I have been out of work for 3 weeks (as of April 13).  During this time I have carved almost 20 stamps.  You can say that carving stamps and making LTCs helps me to relax.  Sometimes people send bonus cards in swaps and I decided to make an extra card for carving stamps and making LTCs.

How do you relax?
 Carving Stamp & Making LTCs
At first I got out my Gelli Plate pulled a print but I was not happy with it.  I had some extra prints and used those for this card.  Some of these are leftover from previous swaps.  A few are from the very first time I used my Gelli Plate.  I remember that I made a few prints to try it out but had no use for them and set them aside.

I tore the prints to size and used Mod Podge to glue sections of them together.  I glued the stamp image and the background together with a glue stick.  I wanted to add some glitter but many folks are anti glitter so I didn't.

My cards for this swap are pretty simple but I am happy with them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment