Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Entomology LTC

This is my card for Beetle's "Wacky, Weird, Unusual, Quirky HOBBIES" LTC swap.  Our zoo has a big entomology display and I thought it would make a fun card.  

I debated for while if I could turn the card size ways and fit two bugs but decided that one was enough.  I also ordered some wood grain washi tape to use as the frame but ultimately carved a stamp for it.

I carved the beetle and embossed it.  Then I stamped the frame stamp.  I thought I was done but just they looked to boring.  Again, I asked my kids, and they agreed that the cards needed some work.  I drew the pins to "hold the beetle down" and wrote "Beetle" under the stamp.  I have no idea what kind of beetle this is.  It just jumped out as I was looking for images.  And as usual, I should have carved it just a little smaller.  

Hobbies: Beetle
My cards are called "Entomology." I am pretty happy with them and I look forward to seeing what everyone else made :) 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment