Monday, September 10, 2012

Event Planting

I have been very busy lately getting ready for our event.  I believe I said that I have never been to a big event before so I am both nervous and excited.  But the event is being put on by a group of us and I really feel like I am not doing much.  Oh well.

I made eight trail boxes for the event (I posted some of them earlier).  Three will be at a cemetery and five around a trail at the campground.  I feel sorry for the Princess because she has had to walk the cemetery trail three times now.  We went once to check it out & look for hiding spots, again to plant the boxes, and lastly to put the clues in the first box for the bonus.  It is a flat mile but she is staring to complain that she doesn't like letterboxing.

Then I have five fall stamps I will leave there for the  fall.  That trail is also a mile and I feel that that is too many stamps to stay there forever.

My HIPS boxes are ready to go and I have been collecting items for the raffle.  I am a little concerned that we will have to many raffle items.  One of the others putting on the event had a big basket of stuff when we met a few weeks ago.  Most of it she didn't even get out for me to see.

I have been thinking about making a "First Finder" LTC.  I wanted the background to be a map and I really struggled to find map scrapbook paper.  I was looking for a road map but this is good enough.  They are being released for the first time in my event trail boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment