Sunday, September 23, 2012

Peace Love and Harmonie SUCCESS!

Our letterboxing event was Saturday at Harmonie State Park.  We had a great time!  We had 38 people sign up from 3 states!  When I first thought about having an event I imagined a picnic with a dozen people from Evansville.  I never guessed people would come from all around.  The other hosts are already talking about a weekend event in the spring.
The only complaint/suggestion that we got about the event was that people didn't have enough time to get all the boxes.  I was really surprised at how many table top boxes were sent in.  It will probably take me a few hours to log all the event boxes, exchanges, PTs, table tops, trail boxes, night boxes, cooties, fleas, etc.
My family camped at the state park before and after the event.  One of the things I liked best about the weekend was exchanging at the campground.  It was more laid back than the event.  That is probably what I will look forward to the most if we do a camp out next time.
Stamping at the shelter house 9/22/12

My boys stamping.  Lego Clone Trooper (in blue) had a great time.  He got more exchanges and table tops than I did.  He is already looking forward to another event.

The Princess and my nieces stamping table tops. 

This is the cemetery that we planted several boxes at.

BPWigand and Family, R2-D2, and Daddy's Favorite Princess stamping a pirate series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment