Sunday, March 10, 2013

Busy Boxing Year

Cadette Scouts found a Letterbox
I have a feeling that this is going to be a very busy Letterboxing year for us; and not because a local boxer is planting every chance he gets.  I have agreed to help Brownie Girl Scouts earn their Letterboxing Badge at Day Camp this summer.  I am already working on that and have asked for stamp donations.  I am over whelmed by the response I got on AQ and I can't wait to see all the stamps come in.  

I recently had a Cadette Girl Scout Troop ask me to come teach them how to carve stamps.  I love to carve and said that I would help them out.  That was today and when I got to the leaders house I asked if they had found many boxes.  She said no but that they also wanted me to go with them to find some Letterboxes when they were done stamp carving.  I was a little surprised but I had nothing else to do so I went along.  The girls had a great time and it looks like I have turned the leader on to Letterboxing ;)

Also, our local libraries are celebrating their 100 birthday.  For the celebration they have planted Letterboxes and Geocaches in every branch.  The person who planted them asked if I would do a Letterboxing program to go along with their Summer Reading Program.  Of course I said yes!  I am excited about telling Girl Scouts about boxing but I am a little nervous about the library programs.  So far, two of the local branches want me to do a program.  I sure hope we can attract some new Letterboxers our town.  

No comments:

Post a Comment