Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The baby destroyed my cards

I spent this morning working on my cards for the "Trail Stamps Through The Years" tracker.  I was finished except for stamping the back and I left them on the table to get stuff together for my Girl Scout meeting tonight.  After a while I thought that the house sounded to quiet.  Sure enough, Lil Ewok (who will be 2 in January) was in the ink pads.

The tracker called for 11 cards, I made 12, and the baby messed up 4.  On the outside are our original stamps that I bought in November 2010.  At that time we were just christmas5.  Lil Ewok was born in January of 2012.  I didn't want to change our name because we had planted boxes as christmas5 and we never box together.  But I gave in to my noxer husband and changed to christmas6.

I like the little store bought stamps because the kids could all have a stamp of their own.  When I discovered letterboxing in Ocotober 2010 my kids were 8, 5, and 2.  I thought that they would enjoy stamping their own stamps in the boxes that we found.

I believe that I carved the big holly stamp with hearts in August 2012.  At first the holly and hearts were one piece and I colored them different colors.  After a while I decided that that took to long and I cut the hearts out and ink them separate.  I like using ink pads instead of markers.  

So that is where we are right now.  We use the little stamps in small logbooks and HHs and the big one for medium/big logbooks and exchanges.  I like this stamp(s) just the way it is.  It has our trail name and where we are from.  I really have no desire to change it.

PS-I also have a small signature stamp for the back of my LTCs.  It was carved by nosox in August(?) 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment