Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Quickie Swap

I am participating in my first "quickie" swap. You have one week to make the cards and you can only use things that you already have. I have a lot of stuff so that part of the swap was easy. But I am normally an "early bird" in LTC swaps. I usually have my cards in 2-3 months before the swap. So that part had me way out of my comfort zone!

I carved this stamp as a bonus box for the Girl Scout series that I planted over the summer. But I was worried that a bonus would be to much for the girls. I also thought about sending it off as a hitchhiker but it got buried and forgotten about.

I found the background paper while looking for ideas for my Easter card background. You take a piece of cardstock and a piece of tissue paper a little bigger than the cardstock. Crumple up the tissue paper and lay it on the cardstock on a craft mat. Then liberally spray Glimmer Mist and rub out the air bubbles. Let it dry and you have a beautiful sheet of cardstock and tissue paper.

I wanted to add a flower so I looked online for ideas. I had a hard time deciding what to put in the middle of the flower.  I wanted a button but couldn't find any. I did find some sequins and rind stones but I didn't like the look. I finally remembered that I had some plain brads.

I think they turned out okay for my first time throwing a card together in a week :)

Here is the background paper video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpEVjaFAhAs

No comments:

Post a Comment