Monday, January 12, 2015

Winter Tree LTC

 I have posted 3 other times about using a plain tree trunk to make cards for different seasons.  This is the last one, it is called "Winter Tree" and it is for the "Show it off" tracker.

I started off stamping a store bought text stamp on my cards with tan ink.  Over that I glued strips of tea bags.  (I like the antique Mod Podge because it gives a mate finish.  I feel like the mate Mod Podge is too glossy.)  I got this idea from Pinterest and I really like how it turned out there but I am too OCD to just put the strips on randomly.  Also, I was worried about running out of tea bags.

For the next step, I  rubbed a blue distress stain around the edge and added my tree trunk stamp. Now for the fun part, I took a stencil and painted some spots on two of the corners.  They are supposed to be snow.  While the paint was still wet I sprinkled some glitter :)

I carved up a little Cardinal and stamped it in the tree to add some color.

I also stamped up a snowflake on vellum.  I wanted to emboss it but I had issues.  The vellum didn't seem to like the heat and sometimes it would develop bubbles :(

The whole thing was glued to white cardstock.  I am pretty happy with how all of these season cards turned out.

I have thought about planting all of the stamps that I used making these cards so people can make their own.  But that is probably too much work.





Spring: http://wchristmas6.blogspot.com/2014/06/flowering-trees-ltc.html

Summer: http://wchristmas6.blogspot.com/2014/08/mixed-media-tree.html

Fall: http://wchristmas6.blogspot.com/2014/09/autumn-abundance-halloween-2014-ltcs.html



No comments:

Post a Comment