Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Boxing in Indy

Crown Hill Gates selfie
On Tuesday I boxed in Indy :)  Each summer my sister-in-law lets my potty trained kids stay at her house for a few days.  This year all my kids are potty trained, woo hoo!  Which meant that I would have a few days all to myself.  

Downtown Indy in the background
My original plan was to box in Kentucky.  I was going to print off 8 clues and look for 6 boxes in Ky and then look for 2 in Ill.  I was afraid that I wouldn't find many boxes.  The last group to go thru the area marked 4 of the boxes as missing :(

My husband asked what I would do with the kids gone and I told him I was going boxing in Ky.  He didn't like the idea of me going off alone.  But it is a lot easier to letterbox alone.  Have you ever tried boxing with 4 screaming kids?  It's tough.

I saw 4 deer while boxing
My husband had work meetings in Indy on Tuesday and he usually goes up the night before so he doesn't have to drive 3+ hours in the morning.  It just so happened that he was going to be gone while the kids were gone and said that I could come with him.

President Benjamin Harrison's grave
Now, I don't know the difference between boxing alone in Kentucky and boxing alone in Crown Hill Cemetery in Indianapolis, but I jumped on the opportunity to box in Indy.  (Men, you can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em.)

On Monday I loaded up my bag, printed clues, highlighted my cemetery map, and put the finishing touches on a box to plant.  I love boxing at Crown Hill; it is beautiful, peaceful, and has many hiding spots.  I easily found a place to put my box.  I was there about 5 1/2 hours and I found 26 boxes.  Only 1-2 of the ones I looked for were missing.  The only problem with boxing on Tuesday was they had a storm roll through on Monday night and many branches were down along with a few trees.   There were a few times I had sticks stuck under my car and I had to back up to get them loose.  
Beautiful grave w/ a matching
LB close by

This was my 3rd time to box at Crown Hill and my noxer husband was surprised that I wanted to box there again.  Well, now there are only 4 boxes there that I need.  So I guess next time I go to Indy I will have to find another place to get lots of boxes.  Or the Indy folks will have to plant more boxes at Crown Hill for me ;)





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful day, great trip! Have been there countless times myself and always willing to go again ...unless that darn work thing interferes. TAP.

    ReplyDelete