Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Girl Scout Day Camp

Last week I helped 40 Daisy/Brownie Girl Scouts earn the Letterboxer badge.  I did this two years ago and I guess I will be doing it every two years.

We did about the same thing this year.  On Monday, I went thru what letterboxing is, what you need, what you do, etc.  The girls made stamps with foam stickers and milk jug lids.  And they decorated their journals/tested their stamps.

On Tuesday, we broke them into smaller groups and took them out boxing.  My sons, Lego Clone Trooper & R2-D2, each took a group and showed them the ropes.

On Wednesday, the girls solved puzzles to find boxes.  This seems like an odd badge requirement to me because 99.9% of the boxes in my area have straight forward directions to the box.  But that is what the badge says so that is what we did.  I hid 3 boxes using 3 different puzzles and the girls worked with a partner to solve and find the boxes.

Thursday was our last day of letterboxing and I did a recap of the terms we were learning all week.  We talking about camouflage, good hiding spots, being discreet around muggles, etc.  They added exchange to their letterboxing lingo and did it with the girls in their group.  I told them to exchange with 2-3 girls around them but in the end they all wanted to exchange with everyone.

I think the girls had a great time learning about letterboxing and earning their badge :)




This last pic is Daddy's Favorite Princess.  They did an egg drop and she & her partner were the only ones in their group who's egg didn't break.  She was very proud.  On her STEM journal she drew the egg ok and how happy she was that it made it.

1 comment:

  1. You do a great job with the girls, and does this ever bring back happy memories of many of our troop's summer camp days - girls that are now leaving for college. It goes so very quickly. - TAP

    ReplyDelete