Monday, June 1, 2015

Dr Seuss Stamps

Dr. Seuss: The Lorax
This is my LTC for the "Dr. Seuss favorite characters" swap.  My card is called, "The Lorax." I choose The Lorax because I thought he would be easy to plant in one of the state parks that we camp in.  But then I decided that I would make him an event box.

I carved up my stamp and I knew that I had to use flocking for his mustache.  I glued some on but it either didn't stick well or didn't stand out with the orange paper so I ended up putting it on twice.  I used a white gel pen for his eyes.

The Lorax "speaks for the trees" and they are very colorful in Dr Seuss's world.  I pondered the background for a long time.  Then someone sent me a table top event box and inside was large bubble wrap.  I knew then what to do.  I stole some of the bubble wrap from the box, dipped it in blue paint, and pressed it on some dictionary paper.  Then I took some of my own regular size bubble wrap, dipped it in purple paint, and pressed it on the paper.  I glued the whole thing to yellow paper to go with the stache.  I love how they turned out.
Dr. Seuss Characters event box

I said before that I decided to use the stamp for an event box.  I have never hollowed out a book before but it sounded like fun.  I ran to the Goodwill, bought a thick book, Googled what to do, and went at it.  I also carved a fish and Horton to complete the set.  Everyone at our event really liked them :)

1 comment: