Monday, June 15, 2015

Owl LTC

Owls: Gelli Owl
I am in the "Owl you need is love" LTC swap.  My card is called, "Gelli Owl."  I got my Gelli plate in January and I really like playing with it.

When I got it I bought a book too with many ideas, tips for tools to use, examples of others work, etc.  I have also watched a lot of videos and pined ideas on Pinterest.

This technique is laid out step by step in my book but I thought it would be easier to show you the video.  I love this way to use my Gelli plate and I will definitely use it again.  In this technique you use packing tape.  (Video at the bottom.)

I got the idea for leaves on Pinterest.  I wasn't a huge fan of Gesso when I used it before but now I have a whole jar of it sitting around so why not use it, right?

So, I cut my dictionary pages to size, took a craft knife thing, and smeared a thin layer of Gesso across the page.  When that was dry I did the same thing with green paint.  I did the dark green, let it dry, then the light green, and let it dry.  Then I drew the edge & vein with a fine Sharpie, and cut them out.  I glued the whole thing together and decided that it needed something so I added the brad.  I recently got a big hole punch/grommet thing so you should see some of those in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment