Monday, June 22, 2015

Storytime on the Prairie Event

This weekend we went to the Storytime on the Prairie Event in Greenville, OH.  We had a funeral on Friday so I got up at 4 a.m. on Saturday, drug 3 of my 4 kids from their beds, and drove 4.5 hours to the event.  The drive up, mostly in the dark & rain, went fast.

My 500th find!
We arrived at 10 a.m. and jumped right into table tops, event boxes, exchanges, and other indoor boxes.  My kids love the table tops with all the interesting boxes people put their stamps in.  One of the indoor sets gave me my 500th find!

Lunch was at 12:30 and a raffle afterward.  The princess's name was called right away and she was so excited.  R2-D2's name was also called.  Then we went out to the trails.  We were told that the trails would be muddy so we brought rubber boots.  We had also heard people talking about standing water on the trails and the kids wanted to do those first.  All of the stamps were awesome.  There are so many talented carvers out there.

Kids playing Pooh Sticks :)
They kicked us out at 4, we went to our hotel, ordered a pizza, watched tv, and rested.  In the morning I ran into some boxers in the elevator that we didn't exchange with the day before so we did it in the parking lot.  After we loaded up and ate breakfast we headed back to the event site to get boxes that we missed.  We also went to a park with more event boxes.  The stamps were great but the mosquitoes were horrible and we missed 2 boxes fighting them.

After we had almost all of the event boxes we headed to a local cemetery and several other boxers did too.  We exchanged with some folks there and helped/got help from boxers there.  If someone was watching, I am sure it was funny watching us all driving in circles, scurrying out to stones and trees and back to the vehicles, and then off again.

Local place we stopped for lunch.
We had lunch in Greenville, got a box there and one down the road.  Then we headed for home.  I had a Girl Scout Day Camp meeting Sunday night that I needed to go to.  The ride home was bad.  The kids fought a lot and we stopped a lot for food, potty breaks, etc.  I haven't done the math myself, but AQ says that I am up to 599 boxes, wow!



No comments:

Post a Comment