Monday, June 6, 2016

Hitchhiker Hustle Again

I really enjoy the GypsyLadybug's Hitchhiker Hustle swaps.  I commented to her a few months ago that she needed to host one again.  With these you make a HH and use the stamp to make LTCs.  You send both off and you get one of each LTC and a new HH :)

My card is called "Barn Quilt" and it is pretty simple.  I tore paper for the clouds & grass.  I had a tough time designing the barn.  It took me a few tries to get the angles on the roof just right.  I glued it all together with a glue stick.

The county just to the north of mine (Gibson) has a Barn Quilt Trail with 212 quilt squares.  Last year my boxing buddy and I were boxing at their visitor center and I got the map for the trail.  My boxing buddy joked that I should plant a box for every one!!   That is impossible but I am thinking about planting a few.  As of right now, I am not doing Box of the Month in 2017 and will plant one quilt square every month.  I was also thinking of challenging fellow boxers to plant some too.  This is totally on the back burner for now but I will let you know if I do it ;)

Back to the Hitchhiker Hustle...I made the logbook for my hitchhiker and sewed the pouch for the stamp.  Have I showed how to make these little books before?  I like using them for HH & Fleas.

You need a square piece of paper.  For this one I used 10 x 10.  You fold it in half and fold the outer parts to the middle.  You will have 4 long sections.

Then spin your paper around and do the same thing again.  Fold the paper in half and fold the outsides to the middle.

When you are done with this step you have 16 squares.  To make it easier to see I marked where to cut with a black marker.  Cut the outer folds to the last fold.  Then you spin it around and cut the middle fold to the last fold.  That's easy, right?

Then you fold it all up.  I found one of these at an event and I had to copy it.  I think it had a ribbon tying it all together.  Sometimes I do that too.

Anyway, I only had one pic for this blog entry and I thought I would spice it up a bit.

PS-Don't look at the mess on my desk.  I recently threw away a stamp in a pile of scraps.  Thankfully no one took out the trash right away  :D




2 comments:

  1. That's a really cool logbook. I'll have to try it. My sister suggested I plant a box in every county in Kentucky, but that would only be 120 boxes. Seems reasonable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go! I plan on getting your Owensboro box soon :)

      Delete