Friday, June 10, 2016

Kids Event Stamps


Raggedy Ann by Daddy's Favorite Princess
I am hosting an letterboxing event on Saturday, September 24th at Lincoln State Park.  The name is 200 years in Indiana.

I am going to have two trails of stamps with an Indiana theme.  One is All About Indiana.  It will have the state flag, tree, flower, motto, etc.

The other is called Famous Hooisers.  It will be a trail of stamps for people who were born or lived in Indiana.  For this set I asked my kids to help out.
Little John by Lego Clone Trooper

Daddy's Favorite Princess (7) volunteered to carve Raggedy Ann (I helped clean up the face a little bit).  Johnny Gruelle was the creator of Raggedy Ann.  He was born in Ill but his family moved to Indy was he was two.

Lego Clone Trooper (13) carved Little John from Disney's Robin Hood.  Wonga Phillip Harris was born in Linton, Indiana.  He was a famous comedian, jazz musician, and singer.  Harris voiced the characters of Baloo from the Jungle Book, Thomas O'Malley of The Aristocats, and Little John from Robin Hood.

Someone signed up for my Famous Hooiser tracker and said that they would carve a stamp for Jim Davis, the creator of Garfield.  But then something happened and they backed out.  R2-D2 (11) was happy to carve it for me.  Davis was born in Marion, Indiana and grew up on a farm in Fairmount with 25 cats.
Garfield by R2-D2

Today I am working on the event stamp.  I have played around with a few ideas and finally picked one.  Next week my kids will be away at my sister-in-laws for their annual get away.  I plan on going to the state park and walking some of the trails I will be planting on.  I will be looking for good hiding spots :)

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! Can't wait to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! Really looking forward to it all. TAP

    ReplyDelete