Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmas Art LTCs

Distress Inks & Water
I like Distress Inks and trying new things so I bought a few Distress Oxides.  It took me a few tries to figure them out, but in the end I really like the look they give.

I used both Distress Ink and Oxides for this card.  It is called, "Primitive Creche" for Gypsy Fiddler's "Christmas/Holiday Art" LTC swap.

Distress Oxides & Water

I started off rubbing the inks on my craft mat, spraying them with water, smearing the card stock card thru, and let it dry.

Now for the Oxides.  I rubbed them on my craft mat, sprayed with water, smeared/daubed the card in the ink, and dry it with your drier.  Then you take the card and tap/rub it in a different area of the Oxides and dry it.  You may have to do this 2-3 times.  The drying is one thing I never do with the Distress Inks; I just let them sit.

Christmas Art: Primitive Creche
Once the cards were to a point that I liked, I sprinkled some water on them, let them set for a few seconds and patted with a paper towel to remove extra water.

I stamped my stamp, embossed it, and I rounded the corners with a punch.  I am really happy with how they turned out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment