Friday, March 30, 2018

Backyard Chickens

My chicks 
When I was in high school, I saw my future with 6 kids, a big garden, and some chickens.  After having a few kids, I could tell that we would never move and we would not squeeze 8 people into our house.  We stopped after 4 kids.  We do have a small garden and I just keep talking about chickens.

I guess you can say that my Christmas present for 2017 was chickens.  My husband built a coop and when the Rural King got chicks in January, he and the boys brought some home.

This is my LTC for Sheep Thrills "Backyard Chickens" swap.  I usually go to Pinterest for inspiration but this time I went thru my LTC binders.  I knew I had received a card with eggs on it.  I got it in 2013 and it was in my oldest binder.   It was called, "Spring is in the Air: Birdhouse Surprise" by Luck Duck.

Backyard Chickens: Breakfast
My card is pretty simple.  I carved the nest with eggs and stamped it on cream card stock.  The wood grain outside is scrapbook paper.  I had the nail brads from a previous project.  The chicken wire was the biggest challenge ;)  I looked online for a stamp or embossing folder to buy.  I found that Tim Holtz made a chicken wire stamp and I debated on weather or not to buy it.  I decided to go thru the cling stamps that I had and discovered that I already had it :P

I like how my cards turned out and I am looking forward to getting eggs from my chickens <3

No comments:

Post a Comment