Thursday, July 19, 2018

Great Lakes Gathering 2018

Our First GLG 
I totally forgot to make a blog post for the Great Lakes Gathering (GLG).  Daddy's Favorite Princess, G-MA and I rode to the event together.  I just got a new van so I drove.  It was at Scales Lake, Boonville, Ind on Saturday, June 30th.

The day of the GLG was the hottest day of the year.  It was miserable and it looked like a lot of boxers stayed inside and stamped table tops.  My boxing buddy, G-MA, doesn't like table tops.  We checked in, dropped off our food, left behind my table tops, and hit the road.

We started off looking for the petting zoo series; we struggled with where the trail even started.  The series was entitled, "Around the Barn" but the boxes where no where near the barn/petting zoo.  We finally find the correct trail and realize that G-MA left her boxing bag at the event pavilion.  So, we go back, grab her bag, and get going again.  We ended up walking the petting zoo trail with two other boxers and it was nice to spend time with them.

When we were finished with that series we went back for lunch.  The place was a ghost town. We stamped a few table tops and went out again.  There was a trail that left from the shelter house called, "Fairies and Gnomes, Oh my!"  I enjoyed the stamps but we struggled finding some of the boxes.  We ended up going back and finding them later that day.

After that we went back to the pavilion again to restock our water, rest, and stamp a few table tops.  The hosts had planted a series of drive by boxes in the park.  It was very nice to have these boxes on such a hot day.  This series was called, "Aloha! From Indiana" and we found two of the stamps I donated.

We are locals living about 40 minutes west of Scales Lake.  Daddy's Favorite Princess was supposed to be at a birthday party at 6 and G-MA and I were very tired.  We went back to the pavilion to pick up our leftover food, gather table tops we brought, and say good bye.  At the shelter I was ambushed!  I had one boxer say she would not leave without exchanging with me.   I felt like a celebrity with all the boxers asking to exchange with me :)

I think we found 34 traditional boxes and only took 1 picture.   The birthday party that the Princess went to was a pool party.  I was very happy to sit in the corner and cool off.  I had a head ache the rest of the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment