Thursday, July 19, 2018

Returning to Scales Lake

Box planted by someone attending the GLG
G-MA and I went back to Scales Lake today, the location of the GLG.  We still had 30 boxes we needed to get from the event.  There were also about 12 boxes in the area, planted by boxers who attended the event.

We got some of the boxes on the way to the park and started the, "Teddy Bear Trail."  We had heard that this was the most strenuous trail in the park.  It was tough.  There were 2-3 places where I had to pull G-MA up the hills.  They probably should not have planted on this trail.

After finishing this trail we went back to town for lunch.  We grabbed a few more boxes on the way.  While stopped for lunch we discussed our plan of attack.  We went back to the park for 3 more boxes that were planted by folks who attend the event.  By now it is 3pm and my kids are texting me about what to do for supper.

G-MA and I decide to leave the park.  We get a few more boxes as we leave town.  I ended up with 16 boxes today.  Our plan is to come back again right when the park opens.  We will get an early start and tackle the longest trail first.  Then we can leave for lunch, cool off, and start again.  We have 25 boxes to go.  I think I may take one with me to plant just for fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment