Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Autumn LTC Swap

I have joined aMAZEing adventure frog's "Autumn Craft & Swap".  My card is called, "Hello Fall".  I like these swaps because they have no theme.  But I usually make something to go with the season of the swap.

It took me a while to make these cards.  I carved both the stamps right away.  Initially I was going to stamp the leaf on brown paper, cut it out, and glue it to fall scrapbook paper.  I didn't like the look of that.  I decided to do a resist technique with my Distress Inks.

I stamped the leaf stamp on white paper and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then I rubbed the ink on my craft mat and then rubbed the ink on the cards using small pieces of felt.  My husband saw me working on these cards and he asked if he could make one.  I showed him what I do and left the room.  The card in bottom middle, is the one he made.  He was quite proud of himself.

For some reason, I really wanted to work some burlap into this card.  I bought a roll of burlap at Michael's and it had a slick backing on it.  Maybe to keep it from fraying when used on craft projects?  I had issues getting the burlap to stay attached to the card.  I hope it stays :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment