Saturday, November 17, 2018

National Take a Hike Day

Happy National Take a Hike Day!  I planted a box to celebrate last month when we camped at Spring Mill State Park, but just listed it today.  I have 2 boxes at the park and was able to look for 3 more while we were there.

I carved my stamp and liked it so much I had to make a set of cards.  These are about the same as the last time I used Distress Oxides but I did change it up a little bit.

This time around I rubbed the oxides on my craft mat, sprayed them with water,  I rubbed my card thru one color, dried it, rubbed thru another color, dried the card, etc.  It definitely took longer this way but I was able to get white spots on the card that I would not have gotten had I rubbed the card thru all the colors at once. 

I stamped my stamp and embossed it with brown embossing powder, punched the corners, and glued it to brown scrapbook paper.  Because these were just for fun, I only made ten cards.  I am very happy with how they turned out :)



No comments:

Post a Comment