Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Thanksgiving LTC

ThanksgivING: Track #1 Amazing Grace
This is my card for Team Awesome Pants's "ThanksgivING" LTC swap.  It is called, "Track #1."

For the swap, TAP made a Praise and Worship CD.  When you sign up, you send her a number and she sends you the name of that track.  You make a card to go along with the song you get.  At the end of the swap you get a copy of the CD and all the LTCs.  This is my third time to participate in one of these swaps. 

The first two times I got songs I didn't know.  This third go around I got lucky; I got Amazing Grace.  I joined the swap about 2 weeks before it started and I thought making my card would be easy.  I looked online for some pretty Amazing Grace calligraphy and was over whelmed with so many choices.  I finally picked one and carved my stamp.

For the background, I really liked the look of my stamp on the wood plank paper in the bottom right of the photo but I only had enough of it to make a few cards.  I started looking for other wood paper but the other one that I liked was kind of dark.  I decided to lighten it up by stamping my stamp on vellum.  I like how they turned out and I am sending the stamp off to TAP to plant.

Sometimes I make quisps that go with the themes of my cards and send them along in the card sleeves.  This time I carved a cross made from 3 nails.  I stamped it on old hymn paper and embossed it with gold embossing powder.



No comments:

Post a Comment