Saturday, February 2, 2019

Winter LTC Swap

 I am participating in another one of aMAZEing adventure frog's LTC swaps.  This one is called "Winter Craft & Swap" and my card is called "Joy to the World."  When I first signed up, I planned to make a card with a snowman on it.  But after a while I realized that I hadn't made any Christmas themed cards in 2018.  So I changed my plans.

This card is basically the same as my Heart Art card.  I took strips of old text paper that I bought on Etsy (dictionary, encyclopedia, music, etc), spread a thin layer of glue on watercolor paper using an old gift card, both over and under the papers, and let it dry.  Then, I spread Gesso with a gift card and let it dry.  Next, I took an old sock and rubbed Ground Espresso & Rusty Hinge Distress Inks.
Finished card, card before extra ink,
card before crackle (L-R)

When I was done with that, I cut the cards to size, stamped my stamp, brushed Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint-Clear Rock Candy on top, and let that dry.  Last time I used this technique, I wasn't happy with the crackle effect.  This go round, I was disappointed that the Distress Ink background really smeared when brushing the crackle paint on.  I tried using my heat tool on some of the cards before adding the crackle and the problem didn't stop.  So in the end, I went back and added extra Distress Ink on top of the crackle.

I punched the corners of the cards before adding the crackle.  I glued the whole thing to brown paper.  I struggled to come up with a name for the card.  I wanted to use a Christmas Carol but I have already made a card called "Mary Did You Know".  I thought about calling it Madonna something but that didn't feel right.  I was listening to Christmas music and Joy to the World jumped out at me.  I love how they turned out.  I know it is February but I made the cards in late November <3


No comments:

Post a Comment