Monday, April 15, 2019

Fishing Lures LTC

This is my card for jlsd0218's "Fishing Lures" LTC swap.  My card is called "Old School."

I kinda feel like I cheated on these cards because I didn't carve a fancy fishing lure.  I'm not much of a fisherman and in my limited experience we have always used worms or bugs.

My parents had 3 girls and my dad would treat us like boys.  When I was born, my dad ran down to Sears and bought me a fishing pole.  While my mom was still in the hospital, he was out getting me a fishing pole.  I still have that pole.

One time, we were camping at Harmonie State Park and we went fishing in the lake there.  We were doing really well.  My dad was putting the fish on a line in the water so we could take them back and eat them.  After a while we noticed that the line was moving a lot.  A snapping turtle was having a feast with our fish!

Fishing Lures: Old School
Back to the cards, I tried something new for these.  I have been wanting more Distress Oxide ink pads and I saw a 12 pack of Distress Oxide sprays.  I had a good time playing around with them.  I tried 3 different things so some of the cards look a little different.

One time, I sprayed the DO sprays, sprayed them with water, and dried them with the heat tool.  Another time, I sprayed the paper with DO, splattered them with water from a cup with my hand, let that sit a minute, and removed the extra water with a paper towel.  The last time, I sprayed the watercolor paper down with water first, then sprayed with DO.  That didn't work well.  The color was too washed out.

I stamped my stamp, mounted it to card stock, and sent the cards off.  Then I got my cards back from the "New/Underused Product" swap and I wanted to ask jlsd0218 for my cards back.  Someone had used Distress Collage Medium thru a stencil and I loved the look.  I went down to the craft store, bought some, and tried it on an extra piece of background paper.  I loved how it made the cards look wet but felt silly asking the host to send my cards back.  I made 18 cards and only 11 people joined the swap.  I will probably put the college medium on the extra cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment