Friday, April 26, 2019

Louisville Twice

Cave Hill Cemetery on Presidents Day 
My boxing buddy, G-MA, and I have been talking about going to Louisville all year.  We made plans to go 3 times and each time we canceled due to rain.

I always plot the course for our trips and I realized that G-MA had been to Louisville without us.  I was looking at boxes in Cave Hill Cemetery and saw that she already had some.  I assumed that she had all the boxes there so Daddy's Favorite Princess and I went over on Presidents Day and got all the boxes at Cave Hill and a small cemetery next door. 

Cave Hill Cemetery on Easter Monday
When I got home and started logging the boxes I realized that G-MA didn't have all the boxes there.  Oops.  So, when we finally went together we had to go back to Cave Hill so we would both have all the boxes there.

Most of my kids were out of school on Monday, I took the day off, and G-MA, the princess and I went to Louisville.  We left at 8 am and traveled 2 hours. 

We started off in Cave Hill Cemetery and the small cemetery next door.  We performed maintenance on my box and went to lunch.  Then we slowly started heading south stopping at cemeteries and parks to get boxes. 

Calvary Cemetery  
After a while we decided to go downtown and look for just a few more boxes before heading home.  Downtown was very busy and we were not able to find the boxes we looked for there.  We stopped for ice cream and then looked for one more box on the riverfront.  The riverfront park was so busy we thought there was no way the box was still there.  But we were pleasantly surprised to find it.  It was a great way to end our trip.

When we were done there we headed back home.  There is a rest area box along the way that I need but the rest area is currently closed :(

We arrived home at 8pm.  Altogether G-MA found 15 while the princess and I found 23. We found and left a few hitchhikers on both trips and I planted a box on the second trip.   


No comments:

Post a Comment