Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Hummingbird LTC

This is my card for dancingpecan's "Pollinators" LTC swap.  My card is called, "Hummingbird".   I have been thinking about carving a hummingbird for a long time and finally had the time to do so.  Hummingbirds are the only birds that I feed. 

This is another new technique for me.  I saw a beautiful sunflower card on Pinterest and I followed the link to the blog to see what brand of watercolors they used.  I discovered that they actually used Distress Inks and not watercolors.  I have a lot of Distress Inks so I decided to give it a try.

This technique is pretty easy.  You stamp your image on white paper and emboss it with white or clear embossing powder.  Then you basically do the reverse of what I would normally do.  Most of the time I rub the ink on my craft mat, spray with water, and rub my card thru the ink.

Pollinators: Hummingbird
Rub the ink on a transparency (that I only have because of my shaker card) one color at a time, spritz with water, rub the transparency on your card, and dry with a heat tool.  Do this over and over with different colors or you get the look you want.  When you run the heat tool over the card so many times all the embossing powder melts away but the image is still there. 

I guess you have more control with this method on where the color goes instead of blinding rubbing your card in ink.  But I prefer the old way better.  I tried my mister and mini mister for the water and there was a big difference in the color of the cards.  I probably won't use this technique again.


No comments:

Post a Comment