Monday, May 6, 2019

Quilt Block Twinchies

These are my cards for Beetles "Quilt Block Twinches" LTC swap.  Twinchies are 2x2 inches.  For this swap you were supposed to send 2 sets of quilt blocks.  The red one is Flying Geese and the purple one is Log Cabin.

My original idea was to use a gelli print background and then emboss the stamp.  But I didn't have the color embossing powders that I wanted.  When I went to order embossing powders online I found these Ranger Mixed Media Powders. 

Quilt Block Twinches: Flying Geese & Log Cabin
The powders arrived and I thought they didn't go with the gelli background I made.  So, I set that aside, went thru my scrapbook paper, and found these back and white ones I thought went well with the fancy powder.  Has anyone tried these powders?  They have regular colored powder AND gold, silver, black, and big chunks of clear mixed in.  I love the smooth feel of it but not sure it would match a lot of what I make. 


No comments:

Post a Comment