Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Cruising through the 90's

This is my LTC for Disney Addict's "Cruising through the 90's" tracker.  My card is called, "Standing outside the fire."  I named it after the big Garth Brooks song in the 90's.

Shaving cream & food coloring
For this swap you were supposed to make a card from a memory of the 90's.  I was in high school from 1993-1997 and like Disney Addict, it was cool in our town to cruse one strip of road.  I tried it a few times and decided that it wasn't for me.

When I was in middle school, my parents bought a river camp on the Ohio River.  My dad was always cutting down trees and burning the stumps.  He would have 2-3 fires going at a time to burn out the stumps.

I was the oldest in my circle of friends and when I got my drivers license, I brought them to the river camp. We would spend one night each weekend around a fire.  Some times we would just sit around and talk for hours.  Other times we would bring a radio so we could sing and dance to our favorite songs.

Cruising through the 90's:
Standing outside the fire
For this card, I carved my stamp, and stamped it to velum.  I attached it to the shaving cream background with a small glue dot.  Some of the background pages I made and others were leftover from a prize we got at the Shipwrecked on the Prairie event.  I used food coloring on mine and they were lighter.  Next time, I will try it with alcohol inks.  It is hard to see in the picture but the shaving cream layer is attached to brown paper for a small brown boarder.

I'm very happy with how my cards turned out and I plan to plant the stamp as a traditional box.

No comments:

Post a Comment