Thursday, June 20, 2019

Keep Calm and Craft On

This is my card for aMAZEing adventure frogs "Summer Craft & Swap 2019."  I have been participating in these swaps for a while now.  The princess was in the mood to make cards so I signed her up first and I joined a little later.  I like these swaps because they have no theme.

I found the stamp image and tried to think of a fun way to make the card colorful and crafty.  I really like the bleeding tissue paper and this is my third time to use it.  I cut my cards to size, stamped them with a text stamp, got the cards wet, and laid down the tissue paper.  I let them sit for a little while and peeled the tissue paper off.  They sat over night to dry completely.

Then I stamped the stamp and embossed it with a black glittery embossing powder.  I punched two of the corners and attached the solid background paper.  I have a box of paper that I cut and didn't use on cards.  Sometimes I cut too much and sometimes I wanted the card to go in a different direction.  I decided that I would use up some of the already cut paper.  I ended up with many different color backgrounds.
Summer Craft & Swap: Keep Calm

I thought the cards needed something else and I added some sequins to the cards.  I also considered adding ribbon but decided that would be too much.  I'm very happy with how my cards turned out.



The Princess's card is called, "Yummy Lemonade."  She carved all of the stamp herself (I usually do the outside).  I cut the paper and she assembled them.  I teased her that she was copping my sweet tea shaker card.
Summer Craft & Swap: Yummy Lemonade

No comments:

Post a Comment