Sunday, September 1, 2019

Try Something New LTCs

This is my card for brailleboxer's "Try something new" LTC swap.  My card is simply titled "wander."

My original idea was to paint a floral background with acrylic paint.  The only time I use acrylic paint is when using my gelli plate I thought it would be fun to paint a background.  But I wanted to add some texture and this card ending up being a mixture of cards I have made before.

Only one time before I used playing cards for my base and I did it again this time.  I glued down old text papers with Matt Gel medium.  Then I covered it with Gesso, laid down a stencil, and put the Gesso on in one area. 

Now I was ready to paint my abstract floral background.  But I got to thinking, if I paint with acrylic paint, it will cover the text papers.  I started experimenting with other things-watercolor paints, distress inks with a water brush, and distress crayons.

I really liked the bright colors of the distress crayons.  In the past, I had used the crayons more like watercolors.  But this time I colored with the crayons and smeared the color around a bit with a cotton ball. 

Try something new: wander.
I carved two stamps for this card, stamped them on vellum, and attached them with a small glue dot.  I am very happy with how my cards turned out. 

Just for fun, I left the Gesso off a few cards.  I like the look of them too. 






No comments:

Post a Comment