Sunday, September 22, 2019

Autumn Craft & Swap

This is my card for aMAZEing adventure frogs "Autumn Craft & Swap" tracker.  This is my 9th time to participate in one of these swaps and I am signed up for the winter one too.

I kinda cheated and used the exact same stamps from the card I made last year. HERE is a link to that blog post if you want to check it out.  My cards this year are called, "Autumn Leaf."

I found this technique on Pinterest and you can learn more here.  It is the second technique on the page.  I forgot to take a pic of the first step but I'll walk you thru what to do.
Take a cardboard box and put paper towels in the bottom.  Lay your watercolor paper in the box and the stencil on top.  Spray Ranger Distress Resist Spray on the stencil/paper.  You should wash the stencil right away and let the paper dry.

Then spray the paper with Distress Sprays.  I have a lot of the Distress Oxide Sprays and I used Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade.  I think it would have looked better with plain Distress Sprays but I didn't want to waist and used the Oxide ones.  Once they were all dry I cut them to size.

Autumn Craft & Swap 2019: Autumn Leaf
For the leaves, I rubbed Distress Ink and Oxide pads on my craft mat.  I sprayed the ink with water and smeared the card stock paper thru the ink.  I tapped the paper around until I was happy with the colors.  I let it dry, stamped my stamp, and cut out the leaves.

I glued the leaf to the Distress Resist background.  And I glued that to white paper like in the blog post I was following.  It felt weird to have a white boarder but I like it.  I thought the cards needed something so I added my "Hello Fall" stamp.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment