Saturday, January 4, 2020

Star Wars LTC

This is my card for Linden Leaf's Star Wars LTC swap.  My card is called, "I love you... I know."  I had so much trouble with these cards!  I wanted the cards to have a valentine theme.  I initially carved a different stamp and decided that it was too solid and took up too much of the background. 

So I carved this stamp and was much happier.  I found this background technique on Pinterest.  I like it when bloggers tell what colors they are using.  I already had all the colors but one. 

For these cards, I did a Distress Ink watercolor background.  I cut my watercolor paper to size, taped it down so that it wouldn't warp, and painted water on the paper. Next, you rub you link pads on your craft mat and paint them on the wet watercolor paper with a small paint brush. 

You can tilt the paper around to make the colors move.  When you are happy with the color, dry it with a heat tool.  In the video the woman sprays water on her hand and flicks it on the paper.  I tried that and think it is much easier to stick your hand in a cup and flick the water.  Let it set for a min and then remove the water with a paper towel.

That part was fun and easy :)  Now for the hard part :(  When I went to stamp my stamp, the grooves in the watercolor paper were so deep that the ink would not go down in.  I tried my Speedball press and my Tim Holtz stamping platform.  With the stamping platform I had to ink up the stamp at least 3 times to get a decent impression. 

I originally made 20 cards but I destroyed many of them trying to get a good image.  I ended up buying different watercolor paper.  The stamping was much better but I felt like the watercolor part was not as pretty.  I ended up using some of each.

When I was finally done with the backgrounds, I stamped my image, embossed, attached the cards to different pink backgrounds with foam tape like in the video, and added sequins. 

Sometimes I make quisps to go along with the cards and that is where the baby Yoda comes in.  I simply stamped him brown on green paper.  Thankfully, he was really easy :)       



No comments:

Post a Comment