Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Dream Catcher LTCs

This is my card for crosscresent's Native American LTC swap.  I made a dream catcher card a few years ago but I have been wanting to do another.  Someone actually posted a Dream Catcher swap last year but the timing was bad and I didn't join.

I have been wanting to make a card with Yupo paper for a while and this was my first time.  I see a lot of alcohol ink art on social media and this was my first go at it.  I'm pretty happy with my cards :)

For some of the cards I added the ink first and on others I added the blending solution first.  There were 2-3 cards where I did not add the blending solution at all just to see how they would look.  I tried moving the ink around with a straw, puffer, and heat tool.

Yupo paper is not supposed to warp, but it will with too much heat.  I had to throw a few away because of this.

I had a hard time stamping my stamp.  It kept wanting to smear.  I eventually gave in and used my stamping platform and they turned out much better. 

I'm very happy with my cards but it sounds like they got lost in the mail :(  I've got so many things going on, I really don't have time to remake them.

No comments:

Post a Comment