Monday, March 9, 2020

Mermaids & Hearts

Under the Sea: Seamaid
 I have 3 cards due in a span of three days so I decided I would just make one blog post.  The the one set is supposed to be a secret and I will wait to post that one until I get my cards back.

This first one is called, "Seamaid" for jlsd0218's "Under the Sea" LTC swap.  I wanted to carve a mermaid but I wanted her to be more of a sea creature than a happy little mermaid.  I looked at images for a long time and made a Pinterest board just for mermaids.  I went back and forth forever but finally settled on this image.

For the background, I rubbed my distress inks/oxides on my craft mat, sprayed with water, and tapped the cards in the ink.  I did it a few times and when that was dry I sprayed the cards with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Moss.  Then I stamped my image and embossed with gold powder.

I thought they needed something and I carved up some small fish scales and tried stamping it on the boarder paper.  I didn't like that and stamped it on the background paper in the corners with gold.  It just barley shows up.  I still think they need something but I was running out of time and sent them off.



This card is for Linden Leaf's "I Got a Jar of Dirt" quisp swap.  I carved the jar for the last quisp swap she hosted and she said it was ok to recycle jar stamps.

I Got a Jar of Dirt: Jar of Hearts
I carved my heart, stamped it on three different colored paper, embossed one with glitter red embossing powder and glued it all together.

I got the idea from the song Jar of Hearts.  There is a line in the song that says, " You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul."  That is why I did the blue paper.  I felt like it should be more gloomy and have gray paper but I went with the blue because of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment