Tuesday, March 10, 2020

The 7 Cent Solution

This swap is hosted by Team Awesome Pants.  She found some scrapbook paper on sale that she couldn't pass up.  She bought it, cut it to size, and put the cards in envelopes.  When you joined the tracker, she sent you a random envelope of cut paper.

My paper arrived and I thought it was okay.  It wasn't something I would normally buy.  The first thing I saw when I looked at the paper was a frog.  But it wasn't a frog at all, it was a suitcase.  I keep seeing a frog.

My first idea for a stamp was a bicycle with a basket of flowers on the front.  That idea didn't really work well with the papers being cut vertically.  I had another idea but again the paper needed to be horizontal.

The 7 Cent Solution: Toad Town
I went back to the frog idea and looked for images with frogs in clothes or with flowers.  My papers have a flower shop on them so I also looked at many bouquets of flowers.  I eventually found the frog on the bike and thought it would work well.  The cards need a little something.  I looked at stickers, washi tape, and flowers.  Think these little flowers look nice on my cards.

Not all the cards have the frog suitcase on them, but the for the ones that do, I tried to position my stamp so that you could still see the frog.   

I'm very curious to see what papers other people got :)

No comments:

Post a Comment