Friday, May 1, 2020

Carefree Catfish LTC

Hello!  This is my card for Hartx6's Life on the River LTC.  The name of the Great Lakes Gathering (GLG) this year is Life on the River; the Mississippi River.  I signed up to make these LTCs and donate my stamps.

I wanted to make a background that resembled a muddy river.  I cut plain card stock to size and sprayed it with Peeled Paint & Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Spray and water. 

I let that dry and went looking thru my stencils for one that looked like water or scales.  I put down the dry card, taped the stencil over it, sprayed with water, and blotted with a paper towel.

I was happy with how these turned out and stamped my catfish with brown ink on the dried cards.  I took a different water splatter stencil, put it over the cards, and smeared Distress College Matte Medium with a knife.

When that was dry, I attached it to a green background paper.  I really like how these turned out.  Some of them have a lot of blue in the background.  I guess it is from the green spray.  I plan on carving a few more stamps to sent off to the event.


No comments:

Post a Comment