Tuesday, May 28, 2013

PAL Day 2013

This is my second year to participate in Plant A Letterbox Day.  Last year Indiana had 2 boxes on PAL Day, they were both here in Evansville, and I planted one of them.  This year Indiana had 10 and I planted 6.  I planted one the day before and listed it on the actual day but the others I waited until the day to plant.

The box I planted the day before PAL Day was at a local library.  They are celebrating their 100th birthday this year and planted a box in every branch.  We have a letterbox at one of the other libraries in town that looks just like this one.  So we had to plant one here too.  It is in the park outside the library.  My kids really enjoyed playing on the playground here.

This creek bed is at Ferdinand State Forest.  We camped here for Spring Break and decided then that we would plant some boxes here for PAL Day. I planted a 4 part series from stamps that we carved last year for a Phineas and Ferb LTC swap.  I hope people enjoy the trail and our stamps.



These photos were taken at Hemlock Cliffs in Crawford Co, Indiana.  We drive by a sign for the cliffs several times a year while visiting family in the area but I had never stopped to check them out.  It was beautiful and I will have to bring my husband and kids back to see it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment