Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Boxing at Angel Mounds

Today the kids and I letterboxed at Angel Mounds.  All together there are about 6 boxes here.  We had searched for one before and could not find it.  We looked again today because we were right there and still did not see it.  When we got home we saw that the box had been retired.

My kids and part of BPWigand & Family
Then we looked for a box listed on LbNA.  It was planted in June of 2008.  It was found twice in 2008 and when looking online it has not been attempted since.  We found it!  The box was full of water and so were the baggies.  The log was damp but still stampable.  We replaced the bags and plan to go back and replace the box.

Trail head west of Angel Mounds
Just west of the mounds are miles of trails.  There are supposed to be 4 boxes here.  One had been missing for a long time and the planter just "retired" the other 2 in the series.  This person hadn't letterboxed in a while so I doubt that she actually went out and got the other 2.  We had tried looking for these before with no luck.  There are so many trails there we get lost really easily.  This time I even printed off a map and we still wandered around for hours and found nothing.

While we were out we were looking for good and *easy to find* hiding spot for a box.  I recently carved a stamp for the LTC tracker, "Childhood Plans: When I grow up I wanna be..."  For a while I wanted to be Indiana Jones.  Since Indy was an archaeologist I decided to hide the stamp at our local archaeological site (Angel Mounds).  It should be ready for finders soon.

PS- Today was a disappointing mail day.  We are waiting on a Postal and I thought it would come today, it did not.  I got my LTCs back from Marjorie's Potpourri and we already had 3 of the 5 cards :(



No comments:

Post a Comment