Monday, August 19, 2013

Nashville Event

Kids at the Jellystone campground
Over the weekend we went down to Nashville, Tn and attended a mini meet.  We drove down Friday night and camped at the Jellystone campground.  On Saturday we spend most of the day at the zoo and swam a little at the campground.  That evening was the event.

crazy goats at the petting zoo 
This was our first event of the year and I was real excited to go.  It was in a room inside a restaurant.  We exchanged, passed around table tops, personal travelers, and what not.  We also talked and ate.  My kids always end up getting more stamps than me.  I guess I have to take care of the baby and that slows me down.

lots of elephants 
After the event we went back to the campground and swam a little more.  The next morning we got up and tore down camp in record time.  While we were there we looked for 6 letterboxes but we found 3 and a hitchhiker.

Moss Wright Park
We had a lot of drama on the way home.  Just before the Kentucky state line there was road construction and traffic was at a crawl for a long time.  Then we missed our exit and didn't realize it for a while.  We ended up going an hour out of our way.  Once we finally got going the right direction we ran out of gas.  The 4 kids and I stayed at the car and my husband took off walking.  Just before we couldn't see him any longer it looked like someone picked him up.  Thankfully they did and he was back about 30 minutes later.
Lil Ewok sleeping on the ride home

All in all it was a pretty good trip.  Last year, two local ladies and I put on a "big" event.  But this year I am not able to get a hold of them :(  I think I am going to put on a mini meet event instead of tackling a big one alone.  We have a few new boxers in our area and it would be nice to meet them.  





Lego Clone Trooper at the event
R2-D2 stamping at the event
Cheekee Monkey in the pink, Crosscressent & Lucky Mike on the right.
Colorful Caterpillars to the left.  

No comments:

Post a Comment