Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Finding, Maintenance & Swimming

Lil Ewok at the walking rosary
For a few days each summer my kids that are potty trained go and stay at my sister in laws house.  They have a pool, four wheelers, cable tv, etc, and the kids love to spend a few days away from mom & dad.

Today was pick up day and Lil Ewok and I did some letterboxing on the way.  First, we stopped to get a new box in Ireland.  The box is hidden near a walking rosary.  This was really interesting.

The summer I graduated from high school (1997) I worked at a local Catholic summer camp as the cook and they walked the rosary there.  It wasn't anything fancy like this.  They would do it at night, with candles, and walk a big loop, praying the rosary.  So this spot brought back some old memories.
Overgrown Nature Preserve

Our second stop was to check on our Monster High boxes that I have blogged about in Huntingburg.  Half of the finders (2 of 4) have reported the box was not in it's hiding place when they found it but out in the open.  The last finders said that she put a rock on it but I wanted to check on it anyway.

The last finder who put the rock on it was just there 2 weeks ago but when we went today the box was out of it's hiding spot again!  So we moved it down the path a bit.  I checked the logbooks and it had no extra muggle sign ins.  I hope this helps keep it safe.

Swimming at Martys 
 I wanted to make a third stop and check on my boxes at Ferdinand State Forest but we didn't make it that far.  I told my sister in law that I would be at her house at noon and I didn't want her to worry about me.

At Ferdinand State Forest we have 4 boxes on a 3 mile trail and they have only recorded as found once.  I just wanted to make sure that all was well.  I will have to go back another day.  This fall, 3 of my 4 kids will be in school so that might be a good time to sneak off ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment