Thursday, July 10, 2014

July Nonsense

July Nonsense: And I'm Cute
This is my card for the "July Nonsense" LTC swap.  She is Dot from the Animaniacs and the card is called, "And I'm Cute."

The Animaniacs was my favorite cartoon in middle/high school.  The three main characters were the Warner bothers and the Warner sister, Dot.

They made Animaniac fabric and my mom made me some shorts with it.  Later she made me a quilt and added some of the extra fabric to it.  I also had a small figure of Dot glued to the dash of my 1st car.

I carved this stamp for the "Whatever You Want to Carve" postal tracker last year.  But then I was to chicken to sign up and she has just been sitting in my extra stamp drawer.

I stamped the stamp on white cardstock with black ink.  Then I wanted to color the skirt and flower with some kind of blending markers.  I bought some Tim Holtz markers and a water brush/pen but it didn't really work how I would have liked.  For the nose I just used a fine red Sharpie.

I got a Cricut Cuttlebug for my birthday and I used it for the pink background.  I glued everything together with a glue stick.  I really hope I am able to find the blending markers next time I want them :(

Favorite Childhood Cartoon Character: Dot


EDIT: Of course as soon as I sent these cards off someone listed a LTC trackers for "Favorite Childhood Cartoon Character."  So I have made another version of the card.  This time I just stamped it with back ink on pink cardstock and rubbed a little ink around the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment